Primary care providers
Refer your patient with confidence.
Supporting Medicaid eligible youth ages 5-21, and their families
The hospital emergency room is no longer the only option for children and teens with non-acute mental health challenges. The Bronx Family Mental Health Clinic—is now open! We’re part of Rising Ground, the award-winning human services agency supporting more than 12,000 New Yorkers.
Specializing in the treatment of:
- Trauma and Abuse
- Psychological Assessments & Educational Testing
- Addressing the Root Cause of Risky Behaviors
When to refer a patient:
- When indicated by a high score on a depression screening tool
- You see signs of depression, anxiety, self-harm, or suicide ideation
- There are frequent outbursts of anger and/or acting up
- The patient’s behavior affects school attendance and/or performance
- The patient could put others or his or her self at risk
- When a child’s behavior is impacting the family dynamic
- Individual, family, group, and collateral therapy
- Psychosocial and Psychiatric Evaluation
- Individual Therapy
- Group and Family Therapy
- Medication Management
- Grief and Trauma Counseling
A collaborative approach
As a primary care provider, you’ve likely established long-standing relationships with patients and families. We’ll make sure we’re in regular contact with you on important issues central to your patient’s mental and overall health.
Eligibility requirements for referrals
We provide services to all Medicaid-eligible youth, 5-21, and their families, including those supported in child welfare programs (foster care, family stabilization, and prevention). We also serve special education students and youth in juvenile justice programs.
To find out more, inquire about eligibility, or make an appointment, contact us at [email protected] or 914-512-7983 or 914-200-8127.